This blouse has so much drama with a big bow at the throat and statement bishop sleeves. Mahsa describes the blouse as, “channeling the wasp-y white cottons of the Victorian era.” With the ruffle at the cuff and the lovely oversized bow, I am reminded of the romantic look worn by men during the regency. With this blouse, think Elizabeth Bennet wearing Mr. Darcy’s shirt, only a bit a softer and more loosely arranged. (After all, Mr. Darcy was a bit of a stiff shirt when we first met him.) The blouse looks fantastic with jeans as shown in the photo. It would look equally great with a pair of high-waisted belted wool trousers, black leather leggings, these black satin pants shown on the Mahsa site, or a simple wool skirt.
Here are some other shirt options with bows, ruffles or other adornments.
- With small ruffles down the front and loosely draped sleeves, this pinstripe bell sleeve shirt has an old-fashioned, romantic look.
- This tiered poplin tie-neck blouse has a beautiful bow and 3/4 statement sleeves.
- The dramatically wide, bow-adorned sleeves of this bell sleeve white cotton top are balanced with a simple bateau neck in the front. Don’t miss the bow in the back.
- This cotton tie shirt with billowy sleeves and a bow at the waist is lovely.
- This open collar shirt with bishop sleeves offers straight, clean lines.
- If you like the swiss dot fabric, check out this swiss dot shirt with pintuck tuxedo pleats in the yoke.
- This easy to care for dot tie-neck shirt has simple sleeves and a bow at the collar.
If you want to add a big bow to a white shirt that you already own, buy a simple white scarf that is long enough to tie in a bow.
Are you looking for something simpler? This fitted boyfriend swiss dot shirt is a classic.