We’re headed to NYC this weekend to see our son. I’m looking forward to some quality family time, a little art and at least one good bagel.
I hope that you have a great weekend!
If you’re staying home for Valentine’s Day next week, I’ve suggested a dinner menu for you at the end of this post.
- For all of you romance readers out there, check out Ashley Ford’s post Let’s Talk About Romance (Novels).
- Speaking of romance novels, Verily suggests 7 Romantic Books That You Won’t Be Embarrassed to Admit Reading.
- If you are into romantic movies, you might find a good one in The 50 Most Romantic Movies Of All Time.
- Sticking to the subject of love…
- 20% of the sales from this lovely Full Heart Necklace go to the UN Foundation’s Girl Up campaign, which addresses the needs and rights of adolescent girls worldwide.
- I was surprised to learn that you can reserve a special Valentine’s dinner at White Castle.
- Here’s a heart-themed DIY project for your photographs.
- The theme for the month is love at Man Repeller and MyDomain.
- Love and friendship are good for you:
- Love and heart graphics have a very strong showing in this year’s clothing (and they have been flying off of the shelves this week). Here are some examples:
If you are not going to White Castle (or another restaurant) for Valentine’s Day, here’s a menu suggestion for you from recipes that I’ve shared.
Mussels with Sweet Italian Sausage and White Wine
(leave out the sausage for a no-meat version)
About the photo: Heart pillow gift from my wonderful husband. The pillow was made by Sylvie Farrington, owner of Sylvie’s Bags of Martha’s Vineyard.